The ACCC has yesterday released an issues paper for inquiry into residential building, contents and strata insurance in northern Australia.
The inquiry will help to address concerns about insurance affordability, promote more informed and more competitive insurance markets and make a difference for consumers in northern Australia. The terms of reference for the inquiry are on ACCC website.
The inquiry panel provided for:
- short version of the issues paper focusing on consumer issues;
- full issues paper; and
- an online questionnaire to make it easier for consumers to provide comments.
UOAQ encourages all our members to contribute in this important process:
- Provide a submission or respond to the online questionnaire.
- If you have friends / family who live in northen Australia, asking them to make a submission or respond to the online questionnaire as local consumers themselves.
- Spread the word to the other interested organisations and local communities.
Responses to the issues paper are due by 21 December 2017.
ACCC will also be holding public forums across northern Australia (details below), for “a chance for us to hear directly from the community“. All interested parties are invited to attend and there is no need to pre-register.
|Location||Date (2017)||Venue and time|
|Townsville||Wednesday 15 November||Hotel Grand Chancellor, 5:30pm|
|Cairns||Thursday 16 November||Rydges Plaza Cairns, 5:30pm|
|Darwin||Wednesday 22 November||Oaks Elan Darwin, 5:30pm|
|Alice Springs||Thursday 23 November||Aurora Alice Springs, 5:30pm|
|Broome||Wednesday 29 November||Oaks Broome, 5:30pm|
|Karratha||Thursday 30 November||Ibis Styles Karratha, 5:30pm|
|Rockhampton||Tuesday 5 December||Travel Lodge Hotel, 5:30pm|
|Mackay||Wednesday 6 December||Quest Mackay, 5:30pm|